The Mystery - Christ in you

 
Conversations with Paul

The Revelation of Christ as your life

Written by Bryan Alton Cuff

Eph 3:4  Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my
knowledge in the mystery of Christ

 
Index

Chapter One – Introduction to the Gospel of Paul – Page 3

Chapter Two – Conversation about the “Before” Gospel – Page 10

Chapter Three – Conversation about “Rightly Dividing” Scripture – Page 13

Chapter Four – Conversation about Christ being “all and in all” – Page 17

 
CHAPTER ONE

INTRODUCTION TO THE GOSPEL OF PAUL

“Paul, I want to thank you for these opportunities to discuss your letters with you.  You are the apostle to the Gentiles and you said that we need to be established according to your Gospel.  So far I think I have the gist of what you wrote.  But I have a few questions that perhaps you could clarify for me.  Are you then saying that it’s all about your gospel alone?  Can you explain that to me?”
“Sure Bryan.  No problem.  A Christian can only get established1 with the Lord by understanding my gospel…”
“Sorry Paul.  I don’t mean to interrupt, but why do you call it “my gospel”?  There are other gospels like Matthew, Mark and Luke and even John.”
“That’s a very good question.  I call it my gospel because it was revealed and explained to me by the Lord Himself.2 It was never revealed to any other man before me.  I received the revelation of it straight from the Lord.3 That’s why I call it my gospel because I received it first.  In fact, after that, I never consulted with any man, but went straight into the desert for 3 years.”4
“That’s amazing!  Is that why you call it a mystery?  Because it has never been given to any other man, not even the prophets in the Old Testament?”
“Bryan, that’s exactly right!  In the Old Testament, in other dispensations, God never told His prophets about this.    He only revealed that their Messiah was coming. 

He never spoke about the mystery to them, that’s why it’s called a mystery.  A mystery is something that’s hidden, a secret.6 At that time, it was not necessary for them to know about it.  God was only dealing with Israel.  Now his plan included the gentiles. What God was doing in the Old Testament was a type and a shadow of Christ. But coming back to your original question about a Christian being established properly, he can only do this if he gets a solid hold on what I am saying.  If a Christian doesn’t, he will always have problems with his identity and will always be running around for answers and will not really find any rest.  He won’t really know who he is.  It can only be understood through my gospel.”
“Ok Paul, I see that, but now can you just explain that scripture about the preaching of Christ according to the mystery in your letter to the Christians in Rome.”
“Sure Bryan.  I told them that my gospel is about the preaching of Jesus Christ.  But it is not the preaching of Jesus of Nazareth, so to speak.  If you notice, I never preach about the work of Jesus on earth because that has to do with Israel.  He clearly said that he was sent only to Israel. 11   Of course he is the same person, but I was preaching about Jesus according to the mystery.  (In fact we no longer see Jesus after the flesh anymore, or in fact, any man!)5  I never write about Jesus and the miracles he performed (not because that wasn’t true or unimportant) but I was writing to the Romans about the Fathers original plan. That is my emphasis, the preaching of Christ.   I also emphasised the fact that it comes by revelation.  Revelation is the revealing of something by the Holy Spirit.  His job is to reveal Christ to a     person, but I will talk more about the Holy Spirit later because He is so incredible and I want to share more in depth about Him and His work.    This revelation is the spiritual understanding about something that has been kept secret since the beginning of the world.  It has nothing to do with what has happened on this earth.  It goes right back to the Father’s original plan for mankind, for all men.  A Christian can only get established according to this plan.  Jesus saw it fit to reveal it to me for the first time since the world began.”
“Paul, this is incredible!  I really don’t think that many Christians understand this.  Please explain the mystery to me again.  It has such a depth and I know that I really need to renew my mind to this, like you once said.”
“Of course my friend.  You need to understand that these things are spiritually discerned.7  These are the deep things of God.8  The Holy Spirit reveals things in to us in stages, a little here and a little there.  He lays precept upon precept because He knows how we are wired.  You really need to feast on my words often to take hold of what I am saying.  This truth can only be understood by revelation.  This is not of the wisdom of man. 12   The mystery is really the hidden plan that God had for all men.  His intention was to give us life.  The real life that He intended that we live is to be so great, that we actually become part of Him.  The way He does that is to birth Himself in us.  That is what John wrote about being ‘born again’ or rebirthed.  When we hear the Word of God for the first time and believe Him, He puts His seed in us.  Peter called this the ‘incorruptible seed’ because this seed is Christ Himself.  We become one in spirit with Him9 and then he lives in us.10  This is 
the mystery: Christ in us!  He lives in and through us as us.  We effectively die to ourselves and He becomes our life!  When I wrote to the Galatians, and what a bunch they were, I explained to them that we actually were crucified with the Lord on the cross and that we are dead!  We live, but Christ now lives in us10.  In fact, we live by His faith!  This is why I need you to understand this because it all goes around believing it fully and completely, in fact to such an extent that you live spontaneously and it becomes a completely natural way to live.  You died.  He lives in you and you live in Him.  You are now part of His very body and He becomes your head.  In fact, whenever any two Christians come together, there he is constituted, and you are in effect having church.  The church is His body.  This is how we share Him.”
“So Paul, Christ is never ‘outside’ of us.  He is in us and part of us.  We can’t really ‘go’ to church.  We are the church.”
“Correct.  Many do not preach my gospel.  They preach an ‘outside’ Christ which is not right (as I mentioned to you previously).  He lives in us all the time. My gospel and the gospel that is preached today is hugely different.  The gospel that I hear most pastors preach is so mixed with law and regulations and it seperates Christ from you and I.  I warned the churches so many times about this.  When I wrote to Timothy I told him that he had to study my letters to show himself approved to God and that he had to rightly divide the word of Truth.  I taught him about this aspect.  If we don’t rightly divide, we get so mixed up and the gospel loses its power and then we are ashamed as workmen.”
 
“You said that if people don’t preach your gospel the way you do, then they are accursed. 13   What does that mean?”
“Well, if you mix law and grace, it breeds confusion, guilt, condemnation and casts doubt on the Christians identity.  People from James’ church in Jerusalem were coming to the Galatian church and telling them that they had to have the Jewish law as well.  This completely contradicts what the Lord told me and my gospel.  The law was finished at the cross.  All of it, not just some of it.  If we try to live the Christ Life by keeping the law, we frustrate the work of God and it grieves the Holy Spirit.  We are complete in Christ.  We need to love Him.  The law was crucified at the cross. Christ was the end of the law. 14   But this is where such mixture comes into the Church.  Men try to control everything and it just becomes religion.  It’s like we lose that spontaneous life in Christ.  The truth really sets us free.  Jesus said come to me if you are heavy laden and burdened and he will give us rest.  He was talking about being under law there, remember?  He was speaking to the Jews, but he now lives in us as our life.  If we don’t understand this, it’s like we are living under a curse again.  This is what I meant about being accursed.”

References
1. Rom 16:25, Rom 2:16, 2 Tim 2:8 - Rom 16:25  Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
2.      Eph 3:3  How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
3.      Gal 1:12  For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
4.  Gal 1:16  To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Gal 1:17  Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.
5.  2Co 5:16  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
6.  Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
7.  1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
8.  1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
9.  1Co 6:17  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
10.Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
11.Mat 15:24  But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (See also Matt 10:5,6)
12. 1Co 2:4  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
13.Gal 1:8  But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal 1:9  As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
14. Rom 10:4  For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.


CHAPTER TWO

THE “BEFORE” GOSPEL

Joh 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Joh 17:9  I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

“Paul, last time we spoke, you mentioned your letter to the Romans where you described your gospel.1 You said that it was kept secret since the world began.  I find it incredible that it was kept secret and only now revealed for this dispensation of grace that we now live in.”
“It is absolutely incredible.  It is such a new thing and so revolutionary that it takes time to understand it fully.  Do you know that everything that happened, took place in the Father’s house before this world was?  Listen to this! Christ was foreordained before the world began.2  Christ, the lamb, was slain before the world began.3  Jesus had the glory of God on him before the world was.4  All God’s works were finished from the foundation of the world.5  You and I were chosen, hallelujah, before the foundation of the world.6  Everything was given to us in Christ before the world began.11  In a nutshell, His purpose and grace was given to us before the world was.11  Are you getting the point?  That is why I base my gospel on before the world began.1  But it was only manifested, NOW!”8 9 10   The Father wants all men to see this amazing thing that was hid in Christ from the beginning of the world until now.11  
“Shew Paul.  So nothing that has happened in this world, for example, to Israel or anything like that has got anything to do with me?”
“Correct once again, Bryan.  This world has nothing on you unless you allow it to!  All scripture is God breathed and for you, but it is not written to you!  My gospel is to you.  That’s why I keep saying that you must understand my gospel to be established.  Bryan, sadly, many don’t see this and many misunderstand me.  They don’t rightly divide the bible.  They don’t rightly divide the dispensations either.  The dispensation of grace was given to me to give to you so that you may understand it.  The Father wants all men to be part of this fellowship.  The fellowship of the mystery.” 12  

References
1. Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
2. 1 Peter 1:20  Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
3.  Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
 John 17:5  And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee 
1. before the world was.
2. Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
3. Eph 1:4,5 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Eph 1:5  Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
4. Nil
5.   Rom 16:26  But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
6. Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
7. Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
8. 2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
12. Eph 3:9  Eph 3:9  And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:


CHAPTER THREE

 RIGHTLY DIVIDING SCRIPTURE

2Ti 2:15  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

“Paul, previously you mentioned that when you wrote to Timothy, you wrote that he needed to study to show himself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  Can you elaborate?”
“Sure, Bryan.  There was so much nonsense in the church.  Much of it came from the church led by James in Jerusalem 1.  Some false brethren there 2, wanted to make grace into law, or at the least, mix the two, which can’t and won’t work.  It displeases the Father immensely. They wanted to bring us back into works and bondage.   I warned them that if they continued like this, they would fall from grace by trying to please God by keeping the law. 3 They were causing huge problems in the gentile churches.  What most people do not understand is that there were other ages and dispensations from the beginning.  Each dispensation had its own, lets say, rules, or the way God explained that things must get done.  For Israel, under the dispensation of Moses, they were under law and had to make sacrifices and so on.  But now, I have been made the minister of the dispensation of grace with a new mindset. 4 But in other dispensations, or ages, the truth that Jesus gave directly to me was not known. 5
 
“Some say that the church is the spiritual or new Israel. Is this correct?”
“Bryan, no.  Israel remains Israel and when the Lord returns, they will be saved.  But she has been broken off and blinded under this dispensation.6  However, Jews, if they get saved, are included in Christ.  That’s why three times I wrote and said that IN CHRIST, and this is what people miss, that in Christ, there is neither Jew nor Greek (Gentiles).  There is now, under grace, no distinction between the two. 7  The Church is the body of Christ and she is a brand new race, a new nation.” 8
“Paul, speaking of rightly dividing, you have mentioned about rightly dividing the ministry of Jesus. 9  Also, rightly dividing the church.  What about dividing soul and spirit?”
“Well, we must understand that Christ is joined to your spirit and you become a brand new man. 10  The Holy Spirit works in the soul area to bring to you the understanding of Christ in you being your life.  The Holy Spirit only talks to you and emphasises Christ in you.  He never talks about Himself. 11  We can look at it like this.  Your point of reference ALWAYS needs to be Christ in you.  This is your anchor, your point that is fixed.  It never, ever changes.  The soul, however, changes all the time between, lets just say, swinging between “good and evil”.  But to live according to this perception, is false.  That’s not the real you.  Christ in you is the real you, living as you.  The soul area with its mind, feelings, emotions and choices, vacillates all day and this cant be trusted.  There is a difference between the thoughts on the one hand, and the intents of the heart on the other hand. 12  The word divides soul and spirit.  But now, my brother, this is the key:  When your mind is SET on Christ in you, your mind changes and you have the mind of Christ. 13  He cant do anything through you without your mind.  This is very important. Everyday, one needs to renew the mind. 14  When you have this attitude: to know nothing but Christ and Him crucified, you are filled with the Spirit and your mind is set on things above.  He has your spirit.  Let Him have your mind and body as well.” 15

References
1. Gal 2:12  For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
2. Gal 2:4  And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:
3. Gal 5:4  Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
4. Eph 3:2  If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
5. Eph 3:5  Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
6. Rom 11:25  For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
 
1. Gal 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.  (Rom 10:17, Col 3:11)
2. 1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
3. See Chapter One
4. 1Co 6:17  But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.       2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
5. Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.        Joh 16:14  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
6. Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged  sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
7. 1Co 2:16  For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
8. Rom 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
15. Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

CHAPTER FOUR

CHRIST, ALL AND IN ALL

Col 3:11  Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

“Paul, please explain the difference between self-righteousness and Christ being our righteousness.”
“Well, religion is about self effort and works to please God. 1  Within ourselves we cannot please God.  Christ and Him alone is everything the Father needs. He is our sufficiency. 2 You see Bryan, when the Father looks at you he doesn’t see you, He sees Christ.  I need to explain this to you.  You have died and you are hid with Christ in God. 4  In my letter to the Galatians, I explained to them that I no longer live (all though obviously I do in the flesh) but Christ lives in me.  It’s all about Him.  He has been made unto me righteousness, sanctification and redemption. 1   IT’S HIM, NOT ME!  Anything I try to do to please God, is dead works.  I am righteous because of Him.  I am saved because of Him.  We can’t think anything of ourselves.”
“Paul, this is such a liberating truth!  Is that what you tried to tell the apostles in Jerusalem?”
“Yes, exactly!  I went up to Jerusalem to tell them about my gospel. 3    But you know what? They couldn’t add 
anything to me at all.  They seemed to think that they were something, but you know, Bryan, God is no respecter of persons. 5  It’s not who we think we are, but it’s all about knowing Christ in us.  Today a lot is placed on this sort of thing. Most of it seems to be about “our ministry”.   I also thought that I was somebody once, but now I count it all rubbish because of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ, my Lord.  I have lost everything and count all of that dung now. 6  Christ is all I care about.  I am absolutely determined not to know anything but Christ and Him crucified. 7  He is the Life and nothing else.  He is my complete life. 8
“Paul, are you then saying that that’s it!  That Jesus is all we ever need?”
“Precisely!  Religion tries to tell us differently because man always has to try to do something.  We are complete in Him! 9  Religion says that you have to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for example.  All we need is to eat from the tree of life.  Christ is our life.  We are joined with Him in a non-separated state and he lives in us as us.  It is so simple, really.   Anything that we do is as a result of our love affair with Him.  When we share this with people, they get saved. People want to add in a whole lot of other stuff, but it really is not necessary. Christ with something is nothing.  Christ with nothing is everything!”
“Why did you need to go up to Jerusalem to tell the apostles?  Weren’t they also preaching the gospel?”

 
“No they were not preaching my gospel.  They were preaching a whole lot of Jewish customs and the law.  At one stage I even rebuked Peter because he was being a hypocrite. Christ and Him alone is our salvation.  But they tried to mix it all together with law. It is this mixture that I told Timothy about and that he had to rightly divide the word of truth.  You see, the gospel Peter was preaching, in other words the gospel of circumcision is a gospel of correction for Israel. 10 My gospel is purely based on the birthing of Christ in you.  Christ is all and in all.”
References

1.  1Co 1:30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
2. 2Co 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
3. Gal 2:2  And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
4. Col 3:3  For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
5. Gal 2:6  But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Phi 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but

 
6. loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
7. 1Co 2:2  For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
8. Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
9. Col 2:10  And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
10. Gal 2:7  But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
A message from Bryan
Christ and Him alone, is your life! (Col 3:4, John 17:3, Rom 5:17, Rom 6:4)  We live by His life (Gal 2:20) for we have died and our life is hid in Him (Col 2:3). He is the Word of Life. (Phil 2:16) HE IS our wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption, (1 Cor 1:30, Phil 3:9)  and He lives in you!  (Gal 2:20)  You are completely accepted in Him (Eph 1:6) because of Him and you were chosen in Him before you were born.  (Eph 1:4)  It’s all about Him and Him alone. (Col 3:11) And God the Father wants to reveal His Son in you and through you.  (Gal 1:15,16) This is the mystery revealed to you, Christ in you, is your glory! (Col 1:27)  This is Paul’s gospel and the final gospel in grace given to us.  I believe this is the most precious, wonderful, liberating and deepest thing you will ever hear while on this earth.
God declares you “complete in Him” (Col 2:9)  That is why, who indeed, will be able to separate you from the love of Christ (Rom 8:35, 39) because  HE LIVES IN YOU!  How wonderful, beautiful and absolutely incomparable is the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord. (Phil 3:8)  All my love in Christ, Bryan.







Comments

Popular Posts