Living by HIS FAITH!

The christian must understand that his own works and grace are contrary to each other. For example, one cannot try to bolster and pump up his faith as one under law. In grace, we rest, trust and abide in Christ. In fact we live by HIS FAITH. Galatians 2:20 “I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, Christ liveth in me, and the life I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the son of God” You see! The life I now live in the flesh I live BY THE FAITH OF THE SON... How? He is IN ME. I live, yet not I. CHRIST LIVETH IN ME. This is where "rightly dividing the word of truth" is so vital. The problem that Paul had in his day was from the Judiaizers that wanted the free christian gentiles to come under law. Paul called them accursed in Galatians chapter one because they preached another gospel. You must remember that the gentiles had no inkling of the Old Testament. They were gentiles who worshipped foreign gods. Paul never talks to them about the Old Testament as it was not relevant as such. Today, the average (if I may call him that) mixes up the whole Bible and it causes confusion. The whole Bible is for you but not everything is TO YOU! He said the following: 1Co 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. Why was that? Because he had the final gospel given to him by the Lord Himself. He knew that only CHRIST was HIS LIFE! Only Christ can give life. Jesus almost never, ever refers to Jesus of Nazareth as his main ministry was to the Jews. Paul sees Christ in a new way. 2Co 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Here he says that we do not know Christ after the flesh anymore. Why not? Because Paul's gospel is the following - CHRIST IN YOU THE HOPE OF GLORY. This is the FINISHED work of the Lord!

Comments

Popular Posts