The Mind of Christ - the freedom/liberating secret of knowing Christ in you as your identity

A few years ago, a Christian friend of mine (who had been a Christian for many years - much longer than I was) asked me for counselling.  Although she had been a christian for so long, she had a major issue.  Her past!  She could not shake off her past that haunted her.  She had suffered the most horrific abuse as a child which continued into her teenage years.  As I started counselling her, I realized that she had an identity problem.  She wasn't really sure who she was.   Her identity still revolved around her "old life" and she had not taken hold of her new identity, which was Christ IN HER, AS HER!  She had not taken hold of the new creation, but was shadow boxing with events in her old past life.  She did not see Christ living in her and had not seen that "if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."  
I have inserted a diagram explaining the way that Christians can still think (even after being Born Again!)

Click on the link below to see Warren Litzman on Phil 3

Comments

Popular Posts