What is a Christian?

DIFFERENCE IN NATURES

To understand what a christian is, we need to understand a few things.

There are only two natures on this earth.  The sin nature and the divine nature.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Here we see the sin nature that has been passed to all men.  The result is that all men are dead to God.  In fact, all sinners are children of the devil/evil one.(John 8:44; )

 
2Pe_1:4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.  In this passage of scripture we see reference to be partakers of the divine nature.   

There is no reference in the bible to a "human nature".  Because that would mean that a human's nature cannot be changed.  For example, no matter how much we try to change it, a dog will always be a dog. When a person believes on the Lord, he is saved and there is an exchange of natures.  We become partakers of the divine nature. He is "born again" with this nature in him.  What/who is this new nature.  The new nature / new creation is Christ himself.  Christ comes to dwell in us when he puts the "spirit of Christ" in us. 

Rom_8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

To explain this better, we need to look at Galatians 2:20

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

This is a totally revolutionary scripture because it says that another person lives in me.  I have been crucified, I have died on the cross with him and in him. (Romans 6:1-6)  I am Bryan with another person living in me.  I am now a new creation in a new creation race because he is in me and I am IN HIM. 

You see dear reader.  Its all about HIM and thats what a Christian is.  In Him I live and move and have my being.  A Christian is a person in whom Christ lives.

Act_17:28

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

The sin nature has been transformed into the Christ-nature.  We become one spirit with the lord. 

1Co_6:17

But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

We live in a continuous non-seperated state from the Lord.  We are His body and where we go he goes in us.  When two or three meet together, there He is constituted as His body.

What a blessing it is to know this.  Christ is our very life!

 

Comments

Popular Posts