PAUL'S ATTITUDE IN MINISTRY - I BE NOTHING (2 COR. 12:11) - CHRIST IN HIM WAS EVERYTHING!
1. In GRACE, I can say I am nothing (Christ operates through me) In the Kingdom message, you are forced to say that you are something.
ATTITUDE
2. Galatians 2:6 - But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:
Notes: In the light of Paul's gospel that he received from Jesus by revelation, they could not add anything to him - They followed the Kingdom message. "these who seemed to be somewhat" God doesn't accept a man's person.
The big guys here couldn't add something to Paul because they SIMPLY DID NOT KNOW! Paul's gospel was a kept a secret before being revealed to him (Romans 16:25) They only new the Kingdom message of Jesus of Nazareth which was meant to "go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". Matt 10:6 and "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Matt 15:24
The Apostles eventually saw that "the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;" Peter's gospel (the Kingdom message) was still being preached. He had to still come to terms with Paul's gospel (which included Jews)
3. Galatians 6:3 - For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4. 1 Corinthians 3:7 - So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase. 8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. 9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
5. 2 Cor 12:11 - I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.
6. Seven times Paul says he is nothing.
7. 2 Cor 3:5 - Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
8. We are nothing within ourselves - Christ in us is all!
9. John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
CHRIST IN US IS THE MINISTER


Comments
Post a Comment